Saturday, April 6, 2013

Some Random Thoughts

I'm fairly certain a baby's first poop could be used to patch holes in the roof.

If they have the chance to pee or poop on you, they are going to take full advantage.

The first night at home with twins was the most exhausting and discouraging night of my life, and no other night even comes close. I think I might have been temporarily insane. 

The second night at home with twins was one of the most rewarding.

I have slept through alarms, thunderstorms, screaming children, and hurricane force winds, but one peep from those babies and I am wide awake.

Having your child fall asleep in your arms is probably the greatest feeling in the world. 

Retired mothers and mother-in-laws are worth their weight in gold.

I am going to have a very difficult time telling my daughter no...for anything. 

After seeing my wife go through childbirth, my whining about an aching back or a headache doesn't hold much water. 

I have no problem controlling a room full of 28 5th graders who want to be anywhere but in school, but these two babies can make me feel absolutely helpless. 

I think I need to come to terms with the fact that I am no longer the boss.

No comments:

Post a Comment